Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issues installing GNUradio using PYBOMBS (e3xx-cu

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issues installing GNUradio using PYBOMBS (e3xx-custom-uhd or e3xx-rfnoc)
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 18:58:27 -0400

On 04/02/2018 06:09 PM, Philip Balister wrote:
On 04/02/2018 05:01 PM, MASDR GS wrote:
I'm having issues with installing GNU radio using PYBOMBS. It successfully
installs the SDK and UHD but once it reaches to GNU Radio I receive a
missing python six message. I have been using this guide from Ettus for
reference.

https://kb.ettus.com/Software_Development_on_the_E310_and_E312#Preparation_using_PyBOMBS

-- Python checking for six - python 2 and 3 compatibility library - not
found
CMake Error at volk/CMakeLists.txt:93 (message):
   six - python 2 and 3 compatibility library required to build VOLK

Looks like the volk added a dependency on python-six and the E300 image
doesn't have it. Ettus needs to create a new file system image with that
package installed.

Philip
WHile that is actually, true, in this case the user is doing cross-builds on their PC host, and had installed python-six into their cross-build
  environment, and still no joy.

Someone also posted the same issue but I couldn't find a response to his
question along with how  to bypass this error. I've tried installing the
lastest version of  python six-1.11.0 onto my local computer still but
having no luck. Any guidance or help is appreciated.

http://lists.ettus.com/pipermail/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com/2017-February/023677.html