[Discuss-gnuradio] Regarding the updating and extending gr-radar idea fo

From: suraj hanchinal
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Regarding the updating and extending gr-radar idea for GSoc 2018
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 19:04:41 +0530

Hello Everyone,
I am planning to apply for GSoc 2018. I was very interested and would love to work on the gr-radar toolbox. I was interested specifically in implementing passive-radar and multi-antenna support to gr-radar. Since a passive radar system would need a multi-antenna support anyways, I think they could be implemented together. I have been reading some research papers regarding passive radars to get a better understanding and I think implementing a passive radar to use FM transmitters nearby to locate objects as a good starting point and then turn to using wifi access points in an area as the next step. I am currently developing a proper write-up as well for the same. I would kindly request you to point out any things I should know of or just general suggestions on the subject. I would also kindly request the mentors Martin Braun and Stefan Wansch to enlighten me on this.
Thanking you,

Yours Sincerely
Suraj Hanchinal