[Discuss-gnuradio] Performance Issues

From: Tellrell White
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Performance Issues
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 08:48:27 -0500

Hello Guys
Currently I'm running a flow graph that looks like the following:

UHD Source -> Stream2Vec -> FFT -> Vec2Stream -> Com2Mag^2 -> CustomBlock(Python)

I'm running this block inside of a virtual machine running ubuntu 14.04 LTS. The host machine runs Windows with an Intel Core i7-4700 MQ processor running at 2.4GHZ with 8GB of RAM.

Running the flow graph shown above in the VM is a struggle resulting in freezing after a few seconds so my question is would it better to go another route for performance, either, by installing UHD and Gnu Radio on the host machine running windows or using another machine and dual booting and installing linux, GNU Radio, and UHD for this application?

Regards
Tellrell White