Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to use IQ Bal Optimize/Fix?

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to use IQ Bal Optimize/Fix?
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 07:03:40 -0500

IQ balance is something that applies to a receiver or channel, not to a signal. Dynamic/automatic balancing is the thing that only works in limited situations. If you have a balance problem with a real receiver, you can calibrate with an off-center tone, then put the results in the manual fields. You may have to do this at each tuning frequency you expect to use. Some SDRs do this internally.

Whether this makes sense to do in a GR flowgraph depends on what you're trying to do.