Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] oot modules in grc

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] oot modules in grc
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 10:24:55 +0000

Hi Volker,

you're definitely scratching something I've been thinking about for
quite some time.

The direction in which I'd like to steer this whole would be twofold:

* a high degree of quality assurance (that includes naming consistency)
 of in-tree code
* a high degree of reward for developers to make their code stick to
the standards set by the previous bullet point. Making it more
attractive (and more "the standard way of doing it") to upstream own
blocks (as opposed to writing excellent out-of-tree modules and having
to care for those all by oneself) would be one option to achieve that.

For now, I'd agree, while the block is certainly kind of a cool
specialized file source extension, I don't know whether it's really
beneficial to put it into a different category as the file source.

Cheers,
Marcus