Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Python import error on swig modules

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Python import error on swig modules
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2018 20:13:26 -0500

Hi Sakthivel - Glad you found a way to get your GR OOT working. The need for
adding to PYTHONPATH depends on how the OOT was installed. Usually GR OOTs are
installed such that you can just "import <module_name>" without having to tweak
the PYTHONPATH since the "gr" Python stuff is already installed in a place
where Python can get to it -- the same as where OOTs are installed by default.
Unless you changes something in the CMakeLists.txt files for how the Python &
SWIG are installed, then they should go into (by default)
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/<module_name>/", which will contain a
file "__init__.py", which in turn loads all of the actual Python & SWIG stuff.
You might want to verify the actual OOT Python install for this file. Cheers! -
MLD