Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] WXGUI blocks

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] WXGUI blocks
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 17:24:42 -0500

Hi Herb - If you installed GR via MacPorts, then by default the wxgui is not
installed. You have to manually select it for installation via adding the
variant +wxgui to the install command line, e.g., "sudo port install gnuradio
+wxgui". I disabled this variant a while ago [*] because: (1) wxgui is going
away with the 3.8 release; (2) not a lot of OOT modules use it, instead using
Qt which is so much better; and (3) wxPython was having build issues & I had an
open ticket for a bit waiting for those to be resolved, which wasn't going to
happen any time soon, so instead I just disabled wx in GR. At least in my
testing, installing per the above with +wxgui still works & provides the wx GR
interface. Hope this helps! - MLD

[*]
https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/ddfd3a01abcf3f502e6c55014d6f7451104947d0