Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP X310 frontend name problem

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP X310 frontend name problem
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 09:58:37 -0500

On 12/15/2017 06:31 AM, Galland Nicolas wrote:
Hello everyone !

I am using a USRP x310 for more than a year, and for some reasons I had to
change the computer. On a new installation of Ubuntu 16.04, I then installed
uhd and gnuradio from the source using Marcus Leech's build-gnuradio script.
The installation was successful, but I had to load a new FPGA image beause of
version compatibility.

In the end, I am able to find the x310 and use it for some tests (typically, everythong
described on the "Verifying the Operation of the USRP Using UHD and GNU Radio"
page of ettus knowledge is working)

However, when I want to try the flowgraph I used before reinstallation, I have
an error about the frontend name :

RuntimeError: RuntimeError: Invalid daughterboard frontend name: A

I am using two LFRX and the subdev specification is "A:A B:A". Moreover, it's working
with the subdev specification "A:AB B:AB", which is not what I want...
When I use the uhd_usrp_probe command, it gives me the name of all the
frontends, and A is one of those names.

Can it be some problem in the gnuradio uhd library ?
Or some parameters I should put somewhere after Installation ?

Any help would be useful.

Have a nice day !

best regards,
     Nicolas