Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Successive Interference Cancellation using GR

From: Sumit Kumar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Successive Interference Cancellation using GR
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 21:23:36 +0100

I was wondering whats the limit for set_history() of gr::block.

For SIC, my intuitive feeling is that I have to buffer the samples, a lot of samples. If I take the simple case where PDU lengths are very less. 1 byte for 802.11 and 1 byte for 802.15.4,
I will end in 560 samples for 802.11 and 898 X 5 ~ 4000 samples for 802.15.4 (multiplied by 5 for upsampling the 4MHz signal of 802.15.4 to 20 MHz)

So the set_history should save at least 4000 previous samples.

I am not sure how it will affect the case where both 802.11 and 802.15.4 being decoded.