Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FPGA code generation using gnu radio

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FPGA code generation using gnu radio
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 08:58:09 +0100

Dear Atif,

this was a step in the right direction, but not nearly enough info for us to help you. Remember, as said in my reply[1] to your original mail, which you seem to have ignored:

  • Problem statement, as exact as possible. What problem are you trying to solve with your block?
  • Approach description, including your reasoning. Why do you consider doing this in the FPGA? How does that fit in the overall application you're working on?
  • Question, including explaining what you've researched so far, so that people don't explain things you already know. Since you want to dive into FPGA development, I assume you have at least done some research on how to write hardware description languages. What have you found out? As mentioned, GNU Radio is software, not hardware, so you might want to explain why you think GNU Radio will do this for you, based on your own research.
Until you answer all three bullet points above, I'm afraid we can't help you. It's really not that hard asking better questions!

Best regards,
Marcus

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2017-10/msg00213.html