Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using rtl-sdr dongle with grc on Windows 10

From: Geof Nieboer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using rtl-sdr dongle with grc on Windows 10
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 12:25:01 -0400

You probably need to run zadig.exe to get the right driver loaded... see (https://www.rtl-sdr.com/getting-the-rtl-sdr-to-work-on-windows-10/).  I believe a copy of zadig.exe should be in the ./gnuradio-3.7/bin directory.

Have you used the rtl-sdr dongle with any other windows applications?

If not, I would try to get it running in gqrx that came bundled with gnuradio.  That will rule out if it's your gnuradio setup or a driver issue.

If it works in gqrx, then which source block are you using and what parameters have you provided to the source block?

I suspect it's the driver issue which is easily sorted with zadig (and should only need to be done once).

Geof