Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting USRP's AGC Through GNU Radio's USRP Sourc

From: Julian Arnold
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting USRP's AGC Through GNU Radio's USRP Source
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 17:29:37 -0600

Hey,

I created a test branch for the AGC a few years ago. It should still work. You can find it here:
https://github.com/jarn0ld/gnuradio/tree/jarnold/b2xx_agc?files=1
Cheers,
Julian

Julian Arnold, M.Sc
Institute for Networked Systems
RWTH-Aachen University
Kackertstrasse 9
52072 Aachen
Germany

On 17. Oct 2017, at 17:01, Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:

On 10/17/2017 01:16 AM, Gilad Beeri (ApolloShield) wrote:
Hi,
I'm not sure whether this question should be posted in this mailing list
or in usrp-users.

The USRP Source has a method called get_device() which returns an
internal pointer to the multi_usrp. The internal USRP object has a
method of set_rx_agc().

How can I access it through Python?
Assuming src is a USRP Source block,
src.get_device() returns: <Swig Object of type
'::uhd::usrp::multi_usrp::sptr *' at 0x7f250bf30300>

You cannot. We don't SWIG the multi_usrp object.

but then the returned object (dev) has no interesting functions
(only 'acquire', 'append', 'disown', 'next', 'own').

Is there a way to control the USRP B2xx's AGC (AD936x's AGC) through
Python? If not, what should I change in the source code to make it happen?

You can extend usrp_source and usrp_sink to include AGC-controlling
methods. Mostly, they're simple forwards to the underlying multi_usrp call.

Cheers,
Martin