Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Package gnuradio-core was not found

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Package gnuradio-core was not found
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 10:27:23 +0200

Hi Rensi,

ah, your Stackoverflow Question[1] could really use that link!

That module was last touched 9 years ago; pretty certainly dead[0]. It simply won't work with any GNU Radio you'll find these days. GNU Radio, and its whole ecosystem, moved away from autoconf/automake a couple of years ago. So, if something has to do with GNU Radio and needs to be ./configure'd, then it's safe to say it won't work anymore.

Instead, look into Basti's gr-ieee802-15-4[2]. It's maintained, it actually does the whole PHY stack, it's easy to build. Also, there's based-upon / similar modules that do other 802.15.4 PHYs, as there's more than the O-QPSK that your link uses; namely:

  • O-QPSK PHY: [2]
  • CSS PHY: [2]
  • LECIM DSSS PHY: [3]
  • PSSS PHY: In the making, watch [3]/[4] for new additions

Best regards,

Marcus

[0] https://youtu.be/MH7KYmGnj40
[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46782512/package-gnuradio-core-was-not-found