[Discuss-gnuradio] Package gnuradio-core was not found

From: Rensi Mathew
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Package gnuradio-core was not found
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 04:36:08 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all

I am trying to run configure command for gnuradio-802.15.4-demodulation file downloaded from github.

It is showing these error.
checking for gnuradio-core >= 2... Package gnuradio-core was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gnuradio-core.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'gnuradio-core' found
configure: error: Library requirements (gnuradio-core >= 2) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
i have already installed gnuradio-companion and its working well.

I do not much programming and kindly tell what is the problem in simple terms and what correction i should make?

is it because these files are too old for my Ubuntu 16.04 and pkg-conig version 0.29.1?

kindly help

Rensi Sam
Research student