Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [Freetel-codec2] Why the DMR 4FSK modem is less o

From: Adrian Musceac
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [Freetel-codec2] Why the DMR 4FSK modem is less optimal than David Rowe's 4FSK modem
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 23:52:30 +0300

Hi Phil,

Of course, you are right, but Trellis is computationally more
expensive than a straight change of the modem parameters. The DMR
software stack is huge, compared to what a small community of largely
open source enthusiasts can come up with. (my problem with DMR as a
radio equipment standard is the use of a closed source audio codec,
not the modem)
It would be even better if someone was to write a pure SDR
implementation of DMR and pit that against David's 4FSK modem :) Real
performance measurements would convince enverybody of the merits of
it.

Cheers,
Adrian