Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Doppler detection

From: jmfriedt
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Doppler detection
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 07:25:41 +0200

I am also unable to understand what you aim (or problem) is but if it can be of
any use to you, a small movie of 24 hour of GRAVES radar recording is available
at
http://jmfriedt.free.fr/1707_graves_36h.ogg
Horizontal axis is Doppler shift in Hz (df=2*v/c*143.05 MHz, or a velocity of
750 km/h
for a 200 Hz Doppler shift, consistent will plane velocity): all the horizontal
lines are
nearby planes. I do not have the sensitivity for detecting satellites. If it
can be of any
help, since I struggled initially to figure out how to save spectra for
post-processing (as
opposed to the raw signals which would have taken too much disk space), my
gnuradio flowchart
is at http://jmfriedt.sequanux.org/170828_grc.png (the trick was to use to
stream to vector,
which I had not investigated prior to this project, and inform the filesink of
the vector
length at the output of the FFT).

JM