Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Find and look to center frequency and phase of ba

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Find and look to center frequency and phase of bandwidth with help of stored original version of that
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 10:29:58 +0200

Dear Mohammad,

Basically, what you want to do has been a bit "hyped" under the term of
"full duplex" in the last years. Essentially, all you need to do to
still be able to receive while you transmit is cancelling out the
effects of your known transmission on your reception.

For systems with large dynamic range, there's usually no way around
doing this at least partially in analog hardware – that is why you'll
find /circulators/ in many radar architectures. For more benign ratios
of transmit to receive power, you can do that simply by "simulating"
what the TX->RX crosstalk would be in software, and subtracting that
from the receive signal. I think that is what you're trying to do with
your LMS algorithm?

Sadly, we don't know what's wrong with that algorithm. Maybe if you
could describe in more detail what you're doing, mathematically, we can
help you. I'll take a well-labeled hand drawing of a spectrum over an
unlabeled signal plot any day, so don't be shy to share :)

You also might want to read the proceedings of this year's GRCON w.r.t.
the DySPAN 2017 challenge; there's a full-duplex system in real world
usage :)

Best regards,

Marcus