Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FW: Re: File sink permission error on Windows

From: Kyeong Su Shin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FW: Re: File sink permission error on Windows
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 10:57:10 -0700

To whom it may concern:

That "W with a horizontal line through it" is a Korean money sign (Won). It is actually a backslash symbol, but some Korean fonts render it as a Won sign as old Korean code pages did not strictly follow the ASCII codes and re-purposed a few symbols. This also happens on a few Japanese fonts - they will render the Japanese Yen symbol instead of a backslash when you type in a backslash symbol.

This usually does not break the path (because it's just a backslash symbol for the program). However, Korean characters or other Unicode do cause path errors on some programs. Or even plain spaces. I don't use Windows, so I am not sure how GNU Radio behaves on Windows, however...

I would also suggest using \\ or / instead of \. I think modern Windows also accepts /. Also, I would try saving things to the user directory (I think it was something like C:\Users\[Put_Your_user_name]\ ..) instead of C:\Work to avoid any possible privilege issues.

Regards,
Kyeong Su Shin