Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-howto OOT tutorial crash

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-howto OOT tutorial crash
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 10:00:31 -0400

Hi Vipin - If you look at the linkage of the gnuradio-runtime library, you can tell whether log4cpp was used & if it was used then you know logging was enabled. If there is no log4cpp linkage in the gnuradio-runtime library, then I'm not sure how you determined whether logging was enabled.

By default in an OOT, logging is disabled.

1) If you find log4cpp linkage, then in your OOT use the CMake settings enabling logging and log4cpp.

2) If you don't find log4cpp linkage, then redo the OOT build with logging enabled (but no log4cpp).

Hopefully one of these will be obvious & will shed some light on the issue. In the meantime, I'm looking into fixing the logging issue; I didn't create it, exactly, but a commit of mine made it the default for OOTs.

Cheers! - MLD