Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with IEEE802-11 Blocks?

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with IEEE802-11 Blocks?
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 08:58:23 +0200

Hi,

> On 11. Jul 2017, at 02:04, Taylor Eisman <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Well, I've been trying to place Packet Pad 2 around the WiFi Phy Hier example
> setup to get good results and still have not achieved any decent results.
> Three things are possible, given specific placements of the Packet Pad 2
> block: 1) WiFi MAC Decode detects 26 out of 29 packets

And what did you change with regard to the loopback flowgraph in the examples
folder? I assume the loopback flowgraph works for you and your modifications
leat to these problems.

> 2) WiFi MAC Decode receives the file but fails the checksum

Not sure what you mean and why there is a file involved. If the checksum fails
the frame data (header and/or payload) was corrupted (either due to flowgraph
modifications or bad SNR)

> 3) The Packet Pad 2 block fails to see the tagged stream.

I assume you placed it wrong. AFAIS, the screenshot doesn’t help much, as it
shows the unmodified hier block.

> Does anybody have suggestions as to where to place Packet Pad 2 in the WiFi
> Phy Hier example?

The hier block is not meant to be modified, but used in other blocks. The
transceiver flow graph (meant for use with HW) and the loopback flow graph
(runs without HW) will  show you how to use it. The loopback flow graph uses
the Packet Pad block. Just start from that and gradually adjust the flowgraph
for your experiments.

Best,
Bastian

--