Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TUN/TAP PDU not working

From: Derek Kozel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TUN/TAP PDU not working
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 13:24:28 +0100

Hello Cinaed,

I have no experience with the TUN/TAP code or setup, but the B210 is an SDR which can only be connected to the host using USB. There is no IP address associated with it.
https://www.ettus.com/product/details/UB210-KIT

Regards,
Derek

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Cinaed Simson <address@hidden> wrote:
On 06/17/2017 04:26 AM, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi Cinaed,
>
> Sorry to miss the previous email.
>
> I need to clarify that B210 USRP is connected to the PC though USB cable. That's why my Ethernet cards are disabled.
>
> Meanwhile I have been trying different things and I noticed the followings:
>
> 1- Packet Encoder/Decoder blocks work fine with GMSK modulation scheme. But with other modulation like QAM and PSK, it seems to be less efficient.
>
> 2- I can receive any packet delivered to the virtual IP address I create using GNURadio. I also can print them to the console in GNURadio.
>
> 3- I can easily send/receive any form of information using GMSK Scheme along with packet encoder/decoder from one USRP to another>
> 4- but whatever I do I can't put the received packets from virtual IP address though GMSK and packet en/decoder.

Try setting the IP address of your USRP in the properties by replacing

  Device Address="name=USRP_1"

with

  Device Address="addr=192.168.200.1"

-- Cinaed