Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ieee80211 Packet Header Question

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ieee80211 Packet Header Question
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 11:10:26 +0100

Hi,

On 06/19/2017 04:35 AM, Richard Bell wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking at the ieee 802-11 OOT from cgran to try and duplicate the custom packet header creation done there. I'm wondering how the signal_field "block" (it's not a block, it's just a class I think) was made.

It was not auto-generated, if you mean this. I created it with an editor.

Is it a 'noblock', or is it something else
The signal is a C++ class, derived from digital::packet_header_default, which is not a GNU Radio block:

https://github.com/bastibl/gr-ieee802-11/blob/next/include/ieee802-11/signal_field.h#L27

I'm not sure because there are impl.cc and impl.h files, which do not get created by default when a 'noblock' is made.

I'm not sure what you mean here, but the files for the signal field were not created with gr_modtool... The split between main class and *_impl is more about swig bindings and makes also sense for non-blocks.

Best,
Bastian