Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble with gnuradio-companion after pybombs ins

From: Kyeong Su Shin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble with gnuradio-companion after pybombs installation
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 19:49:47 -0700

Hello Pavan Yedavalli:

I don't use PyBOMBS so maybe I am wrong, but that sounds like that path variables (for bash) are not correctly updated to include the path to the GNU Radio libraries OR you have already installed an another version of GNU Radio (using manual build or apt-get) and is conflicting with your PyBomBs installations.

A few things to check:

1.Did you make sure that your computer does not have an older version of GNU Radio?
2.Did you try pybombs run gnuradio-companion instead?
3.Did you try printing out path variables (PYTHONPATH, PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, C_INCLUDE_PATH, CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH ) after running "source ~/prefix/setup_env.sh"? Does it look correct? (Note: you have to run "source ~/prefix/setup_env.sh" every time you open your terminal.)

If you don't want to build it using PyBOMBS, you can just install one that is on the official Ubuntu repo (sudo apt-get install gnuradio-dev). The one that comes with Ubuntu 14.04 is pretty outdated, though. (Maybe you can dist-upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04 or later, which comes with a more recent vintage of GNU Radio).

Alternatively, you can do a full manual build by downloading dependencies and do a full manual build following instructions at https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio . Note that this can be a somewhat annoying process, and that is what PyBOMBS is attempting to solve. (Somewhat outdated list of dependencies: https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/UbuntuInstall . Also, please note that you may have to do "git clone --recursive https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio.git" instead of "git clone https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio.git" since the latter command may not clone source codes for Volks.)

Finally, you can simply use GNU Radio live image.

Regards,
Kyeong Su Shin