Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] The low performance of gr-ieee-802.11 running on

From: Cristian Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] The low performance of gr-ieee-802.11 running on b210 ????
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 09:16:02 -0500

Hi all.

I was reading about your implementation Siyu and i am trying to do the same (ieee802.11 over USRP B210 - intel i7) but i haven't been able to. Could you indicate me what you did. It would help me a lot.

I had overruns and i solved it by changing the transport parameters. I have the transceiver in only one pc. I run it and I try to do a ping but the ping just is received for the transceiver. It is not answered, then i don't achieved comunication.

If you could share me your .grc file would be great too, if you maybe modified some important parameteres or something in the flowgraph.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Cristian

Hi Siyu,

well, transceiver performance depends effectively on bit error rate of the underlying transport – and that error rate might be limited by noise, by interference, or by effects like clipping and saturation, overly large clock offset and much more. I'd say: add a time and a frequency sink to your receiver flow graph, and watch the statistics! Analyze what might be going wrong. In a first approach: Play with the TX and RX gains, carefully.

To be completely honest, how well that transceiver works is something no-one outside your lab can assess – you'll have to start diagnosing things yourself :)

Best regards,

Marcus