[Discuss-gnuradio] DARPA Hackfest information

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] DARPA Hackfest information
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 09:48:24 -0400

Hello software radio experts!

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been traveling around to engage new audiences for the DARPA SDR Hackfest coming up in November (http://darpahackfest.com/). The current promotion is to get people to the teaming workshop coming up next Monday in Mountain View, CA (https://events.sa-meetings.com/ehome/index.php?eventid=237057&).

I wanted to make sure everyone on here knew about what we're doing here to see about coming to join us and hopefully participate in the Hackfest.

A lot of the people that I've been meeting on the road lately haven't even heard of software radio, or if they have, they only have a passing familiarity with it. It'll be important for them to have a way to connect with experts and enthusiasts like you. While the Hackfest is about more than just software radio, SDR is a big part of it, and this community's abilities are going to be indispensable come November.

Also coming up this weekend is the Bay Area Maker Faire. I'll be speaking there about software radio and a bit about the Hackfest.

Hope to see some of you there!

Tom