[Discuss-gnuradio] How to solve command timeout error

From: Haile Berhe
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to solve command timeout error
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 12:15:24 +0300

Dear all,
I have been working on my X310 USRP with gnuradio just fine. But after I have
installed rfnoc modules and reload fpga images , the behavior of the
device becomes unpredictable. It sometimes throws the following error
message even if I run legacy gnuradio applications (or non rfnoc application):

“RuntimeError: EnvironmentError: IOError: Block ctrl (CE_00_Port_30)
no response packet - AssertionError: bool(buff)
  in uint64_t ctrl_iface_impl::wait_for_ack(bool)
  at /home/haile/prefix/default/src/uhd/host/lib/rfnoc/ctrl_iface.cpp:197”

I have observed that the above error is not thrown in the first run
after I power cycle the device. [1] seems to discuss the issue but the
proposed solution is not clear. It says, check ce_clk/ce_rst are
connected in the rfnoc_ce_auto_inst_<device>.v., etc .. How am I
supposed to check?

Thanks,

[1] https://kb.ettus.com/RFNoC