Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Process Naming

From: Andy Walls
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Process Naming
Date: Fri, 05 May 2017 08:30:41 -0400

From: Dave NotTelling Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 21:52:04 -0400:

> I can see that the threads are showing up with meaningful names using
> `top -H`.  Names like `zmq_pub_sink_c1`.  The `ps` command doesn't
> usually show me anything special :(

ps -eLo pcpu,pid,tid,cls,rtprio,pcpu,comm | grep <process_id> | sort -n

ZeroMQ block threads will have names, but the I/O threads that ZeroMQ
spawns will still be named "python".

The same goes for GUI displays, the block will have a thread name, but
the GUI window display processing happens in a thread named "python".

Regards,
Andy