[Discuss-gnuradio] OOT Module using external function

From: do ber
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OOT Module using external function
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 09:39:34 +0300

Hi to all,

I am trying to create my own GNURadio block(OOT). I will use an external function generated by MATLAB Coder. MATLAB Coder gives the necessary .cpp and .h files. In the main module .cc file, which gr_modtool automatically creates I am including all the header files created by MATLAB Coder. Then under the work function of module I am just using my main function generated from MATLAB.

Input/output declarations are ok, so there is no error during make, cmake, make install processes. When I open the GNURadio I see my block. Bu there are some problems:

When I comment my external function (i.e. when I did not use my external function) block works(do  nothing but works) and there is information in "Documentation tab" as all the normal blocks have.
But when I uncomment my external function (i.e. when I used my external function under work function) I get the following error in GNURadio and there is no information on "Documentation page", there is only a blank page.

self.TUTORIAL_myblock_0 = TUTORIAL.myblock(6)
AttributeError:'module' object has no attribute 'myblock'

Here, 6 is the antenna number in my project. It is the only argument that I enter into my block.

So, I searched the literature but I could not find any project using functions from external file. For example, there is an example "My_QPSK_Demodulator" which is using get_minimum_distance function but it is a small function and is also defined inside the main module code.

** In short, I have myblock.cc and myblock.h files. Also, I have function .cpp and .h files. I want to use that function inside myblock.cc

What are your suggestions? Is there any example using this approach? That would be awesome.

Regards,
Ali