Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Visualizing Amplitude spectrum instead of power s

From: Fernando
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Visualizing Amplitude spectrum instead of power spectrum
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 20:33:47 +0200

El 26/04/17 a las 20:01, Marcus Müller escribió:

I call it simply spectrum too, maybe I should have said magnitude/phase spectrum.
Now I'm confused. Magnitude spectrum is definitely my $|\text{DFT}|$; but you're just looking for a plot of the DFT, right?

Yes, but not only magnitude(DFT) but also phase(DFT)

So I'd like to get back to my earlier question:

What is the purpose of this?

I was doing TX+RX of a FM stereo signal and something did not work. I was searching for the error and I found the error was in the modulation or demodulation, but I could not see where.
This diagram was working faulty, and I thought that maybe I was messing up with signs when doing add/substract, so I wanted to see the spectrum with +/-   (or phase)

I have found the problem (Thanks to Federico Larroca) and with modifications the diagram works (below) but I still would like to know the previous question

Maybe it is just that I don't understand some things (or a lot of).....  my mathematics knowledge for DSP is far from awsome  ;-)

regards