Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [Import error of underlying library file in Pytho

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [Import error of underlying library file in Python] [undefined symbol: fftwf_malloc]
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 13:56:40 +0200

You should never have to manually install the FFTW; it's already installed, otherwise you wouldn't have a GNU Radio installation that does much.

What is probably the case is that you forgot to add the libraries to what CMake tells the linker to link in. You'd need to add the FFTW detection to your CMakeLists.txt and add FFTWF_LIBRARIES (or similar) to what is used as libraries in your lib/CMakeLists.txt. I'd recommend copying what the gnuradio/gr-fft/lib/CMakeLists.txt do to link against FFTWf.

Best regards,
Marcus