Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee802_11 receiver

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee802_11 receiver
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2017 15:09:25 +0200

Hi,

On 04/08/2017 02:32 PM, serefay wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am using gr-ieee802_11 to regenerate wifi packets. I receive packets with
> HackRf and regenerate the same packet with transmitter and now I want to
> look whether they look the similar but  some packets are not received. I
> enabled MAC decode debug and it gives this error when it misses the packet.

I don't get that part...

> "
> Decode MAC: input 53
> Warning: starting to receive new frame before old frame was complete
> Already copied 27 out of 30 symbols of last frame
> "
> can anyone please help me  and give me some  idea what could result this
> error.? I would be grateful for any help.
> Thanks

This might happen if a frame is detected while another frame is already
received, i.e. the second frame interferes with the current frame. See
the hidden terminal problem for why this might happen.

(Another explanation might be that the receiver was initially sync on
noise and now switches to the real frame.)

Best,
Bastian