Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD and GNU Radio on Beaglebone

From: Usman Haider
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD and GNU Radio on Beaglebone
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 11:22:28 +0500

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 4:24 AM, Dennis Glatting <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 2017-03-03 at 13:51 -0500, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
> On 03/03/2017 12:59 PM, Dennis Glatting wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 2017-03-03 at 18:33 +0500, Usman Haider wrote:
> > >
> > > I want to build UHD and GNU Radio on Beaglebone black to run an
> > > application using N210s. Has anyone tried this before? Is there a
> > > guide that I can follow?
> > >
> > I've run a bladeRF and HackRF on a BeagleBone under Debian. The
> > weak
> > point is the Beagle has a single core processor.
> >

> > _
> Which, except for trivial sample rates, == "fatally broken".

Great description. I'm going to steal it. :)

The Pi3 has a multicore processor and is fairly cheap. I haven't had
the time to connect the Pi to a receiver but a buddy is in love with it
(he's looking at 1200 baud stuff).

Thanks for your inputs. I want to opertate on the lowest possible sample rates of N210s. Also I am looking to cross compile UHD and GNU Radio for Beaglebone black to avoid low proecssing of Beaglebone black while upgrading to latest UHD and GNU Radio versions. Is there any "build_gnuradio" like script or guide that I can use to do cross compile?

--
Usman