Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] .GRC flowgraph integration to a standalone applic

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] .GRC flowgraph integration to a standalone application
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 14:19:50 +0100

Hi,

GRC just generates Python scripts. You can use "parameter" blocks to define command line options for these. Got a blog post illustrating that:

http://gnuradio.org/blog/filtering-time-series-data__elemental-building-blocks/

You could simply call

python yourflowgraph.py --infile ABC --outfile xyz

from your application.

Of your application happens to be written in Python, you could of course also integrate much more tightly by simply using three relevant parts of the Python that GRC generates directly in your code.

Using files for exchanging data between your application and GNU Radio is, by the way, not the only way.

You could just as well use named pipes in place of the files ("man mkfifo" for more info), or replace the file source with things like the zmq sinks and sources (ZMQ has interfaces for practically all important languages and high-performance interprocess/intra-process/network transports). If using Python, you could also set the contents of a vector source prior to running the flow graph and read the results from a vector sink (given you've got enough RAM).

So: what language is your application written in?

Best regards,
Marcus