Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion - ALSA

From: Fons Adriaensen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion - ALSA
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 16:49:45 +0000

On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 04:25:10PM +0100, Marcus Müller wrote:

> Hm, that looks like there's no HW in the list, so that would be an
> initial debugging success!
> So, the easiest is probably if you just use "pulse" in the Device Name
> field.

It must be lower case: hw:0.0
Also make sure Pulse isn't using the device. Best thing regading
Pulse is to completely remove or disable it.

This reminds me of the Jack sink/source driver which I fixed
some time ago. It worked OK until a few weeks ago when I did a
git pull and complete rebuild. Since then nothing works.

No matter what I do with PYTHONPATH I get either

'no module named gnuradio'

or

'no module name _runtime_swig'

My default python is (and has to be) python3.6, but I have
python2.7 and the first line of my test programs is

#!/usr/bin/env python2

Things used to work that way.

Python2.7 is in /usr/* while gnuradio's stuff (including the
python parts) is in /usr/local/*. Can this be a problem ?
If yes how do I convince cmake to install in /usr/* ?

Ciao,

--
FA