Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] strange deterministic frame error in gr-ieee802-1

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] strange deterministic frame error in gr-ieee802-11
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 11:06:59 +0100

Hi,

On 30 Jan 2017, at 07:25, Nikita Airee <address@hidden> wrote:

I have a certain update regarding my issues and I'm hoping get some new perspective.

I repeated my experiments randomizing the mac addresses and payload. You were quite right that the issue might be related to suboptimal waveform. Because sequence numbers which were always erroneous seemed to change. However, there were still certain numbers which were constantly wrong through the randomized frames.

Then I found a Usrp 2922 which I believe is n210. Surprisingly, when used as a tx, 2922 doesn't give those deterministic errors and the total frame error rate too decreased drastically to around 1-1.5% from 4-5%. Also the constellation is visibly better.

great.

Is the value of fer acceptable at 1-1.5% or should there be absolutely 0 errors.

It depends totally on why you are setting up these experiments in the first place. If there is no interference from other devices it’s totally possible to reach 0%, but if it is required in your case, i don’t know.

Also could there be something wrong with my Rios?

If one SDR works and the other doesn’t it might be because the other SDR:

- needs different parameters
- uses a different/broken driver
- is broken

Maybe you could test the other SDR with different transceivers.

Best,
Bastian

Bests,
Nikita