Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] static peaks spectrum

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] static peaks spectrum
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 15:02:30 -0800

On 01/19/2017 02:16 PM, Marc Pàmies Massip wrote:
> Hey Paul,
>
> You are right, if I reduce the gain the peaks are reduced too. Do yo
> have an explanation for it?

There are 3 gain settings on the HackRF One, namely, RF gain, IF gain,
base band gain.

The RF gain (which I presume is the LNA in SDR#) should be set to 0.

Unless you live in a rural area, you run the risk of smoking the LNA.

See

   https://greatscottgadgets.com/sdr

Lesson 5 is an introduction to the HackRF One.