[Discuss-gnuradio] IEEE 802.11 a/g/p transceiver - Data not being receiv

From: Qurat-Ul-Ann Akbar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] IEEE 802.11 a/g/p transceiver - Data not being received at any frequency other than 5.89G
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 16:57:54 -0600

Hello,

I am using two USRPs N210 with CBX daughterboards connected to different machines and I have GNU Radio version 3.7 and uhd version 3.11.

I installed the IEEE 802.11 a/g/p module for GNU Radio. I ran the wifi_rx and wifi_tx on different machines and the data I send gets printed on the console. However, there are two issues I am facing:

1) The sequence numbers are not in accordance with the data. Sometimes the first packet I get has sequence number 0 but at other times I get sequence numbers like 5 or 41. The mac frame length is 524. An example sequence numbers pattern was 5,36,452,753,961. I do not understand why are the sequence numbers random? The antennas are very close to each other so shouldn't the packet loss rate be very low? And are packets corrupted and GNU Radio can not decode them properly?

2) My transmission does not work for any frequency other than 5.89G. I can't understand what could be the reason for this. Not even 5.88G. My daughter board supports 1.2G to 6GHz.

Can someone please tell me what could be going on ?

Best,
Ann