Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Block "Max" GNU Radio

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Block "Max" GNU Radio
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 22:09:38 +0100

Hi Pablo,

yes, you could do that "upstream", but since the functionality is
fundamentally different from what Max currently does, I think it'd be
better to simply implement it in your own Out-Of-Tree module.

If your let's call it "max_and_environment" block works well and you can
also write unit tests for that, there's no reason we can't put it into
the main GNU Radio tree after that; I do see use for something like
that, but you'd need to very well document what it does if you want to
take that route.

If you just want to implement this for your project and not make it
universally applicable, I'd strongly recommend just adding a block to
your out-of-tree module that does exactly what you want for exactly your
data type. That would be far less work for you! A maximum-searching
block is much easier to write from scratch then to adapt from these
templates.

Best regards,

Marcus