[Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: usrp_spectrum_sense.py input parameters in USRP

From: Soumaya el barrak
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: usrp_spectrum_sense.py input parameters in USRP B200
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 14:22:27 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Soumaya el barrak <address@hidden>
Date: 2017-01-16 10:32 GMT+01:00
To: Marcus Müller <address@hidden>

Hi Marcus,

Thank you so much for your reply, I followed your recommendations, I used a sample-rate of 8MS/s and FFT-size 1024 and I kept the tune-delay and dwell-delay at 0.25 s. But I still receive some strange power values while scanning the 2.4 GHz band.

I also obtained high power picks while tuning from one center frequency to another. Could you please explain for me where I am mistaken? And what is the explanation of those power picks?

Best..

Soumaya

Hi Soumaya,

the B200 tunes slower and might need up to half a second when tuning further.

You should hence minimize the amount of tuning, and instead of 4MS/s use a higher rate, a larger FFT size, and tune less often.

The power normalization is truly, 100%, arbitrary. Since these dB are all "relative to digital 1", they only have linear relation with real-world powers.

Best regards,

Marcus