Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] strange deterministic frame error in gr-ieee802-1

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] strange deterministic frame error in gr-ieee802-11
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 06:50:42 +0100

Hi,

On 01/16/2017 05:37 AM, Nikita Airee wrote:
I haven't modified the flowgraphs from the examples folder at all,
except changing the variables/values for the experiment. It is for those
original flowgraphs of wifi_tx and wifi_rx that I get the deterministic
error.

Besides checking the gnuradio threads, is there anything else I could do
to find the cause for such errors?

My current understanding is that simulations work as expected, but experiments show deterministic errors.

I would:

- Make sure that there are no overruns or underruns. Disable all logging to the console and ensure that there are really no 'U's and 'O's. - Try on a different frequency (just to make sure that there is no weird device).
- Make sure that the xy plot shows clear constellations.

tx_gain is set to 30dB and rx_gain to 0.

If constellations don't look nice, you could try lowering the tx and increasing the rx gain. (also make sure that the antennas are connected to the correct ports).

Best,
Bastian

Bests,
Nikita