Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Continuously Write FFT Samples to a File

From: Mallesham Dasari
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Continuously Write FFT Samples to a File
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 23:54:22 -0500

Hi Marcus,

Raw IQ samples take lots of memory because each sample will be around 8Bytes. Suppose, if we 1Msps sample rate, just for 10 minutes of data, we get 10*60*1M*8B = 4.8GB data. On the other hand, if you store just FFT with 1024 bin, we get 4.8GB/1024 power values right (which has very less size)?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks