Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Continuously Write FFT Samples to a File

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Continuously Write FFT Samples to a File
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 14:33:21 +0100

>> > I have a flowgraph that reads a signal and writes its FFT samples to a
>> > file. I need to run this continuously (for a long time), without running
>> > out of memory.

What I'm understanding: You write FFT results into a file so you can
always read at the end of it to get the "latest" one by reading at the
end of it ...
My advice: Don't do that ! Using files is really dumb for this
usecase. Depending on what's reading you can either use a FIFO or even
better write to a ZMQ pub sink and modify your reader to use a ZMQ
sub.

Cheers,

   Sylvain