Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_spectrum_sense.py raw iq samples

From: Mallesham Dasari
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_spectrum_sense.py raw iq samples
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 14:54:45 -0500

Hi Julian,

That's a lot of info. Thank you so much. Yeah, I have realized that flow graph is not sufficient. I am going through the first approach that you mentioned. Thanks a lot again.

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 4:18 AM, Julian Arnold <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Mallesham,

I meant that with your B210 you can only capture up to 56 MHz of real
time bandwidth (in theory).
> By whole WiFi band, I mean from 2.401G to 2.473G,
However, you require over 70MHz at once. I didn't realize that you still
want to use the sweeping approach.
In that case, the flow graph I suggested is not sufficient.

You might want to take a look at [1] which is the block
usrp_spectrum_sense.py is using internally and modify it to your needs.
I guess you could just remove the FFT and Complex to Mag Square block
from usrp_spectrum_sense.py
(change self.connect(self.u, s2v, ffter, c2mag, stats) to
self.connect(self.u, s2v, stats)) and make sure
that [1] accepts a vector of complex float as input and stores it to a
file instead of sending a message to the top block.

Or you take a look at [2].
The USRP Source can be controlled via a message interface. Therefore,
you could create a block that writes N samples to a file and then sends
a tune command
back to the USRP Source.

If you need more help, let me know.

[1]