Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd_images_downloader with RFNoC

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd_images_downloader with RFNoC
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 10:27:39 +0100

Hi Andrew,

1. What would I be pulling and re-installing (UHD)?
exactly, UHD. I've taken the usrp-users mailing list [1] into the circle or recipients – since this is UHD-specific, and not directly involved with GNU Radio. You can choose freely to which list you want to communicate; I just feel it fits better there.
If I opt not to configure a github account, what are the complete commands to install the latest version to work with the default prefixed ~/rfnoc working directory setup with pybombs?
To git clone/pull/... you don't need any github account :) so exactly these commands work.

2. What are the complete commands to revert to previous versions that work with the default prefixed ~/rfnoc directory setup with pybombs? I'm currently using UHD 4.0.0 and uhd_probe_devices errors out so I want to try older versions of the default usrp_x310_fpga_HG.bit to troubleshoot.
You'd do a `git checkout <version>`, with `<version>` being something like a branch name (master, maint, rfnoc-devel,…) to check out the latest commit on that branch, or a tag (release_003_010_000_00, etc; you can see these with `git tag`), or actually with a commit ID (6e1ac3fc9433642d02d7963ecfdd9aef3ca6d35e or the like) if you want any state in between.

So: Though it's perfectly possible to use or build UHD without using git, our development process and tools rely heavily on this tool – might be worth reading something like [2] if git is new to you.

Hope that helps a bit, keep the questions coming,

Best regards,

Marcus

[2] http://rogerdudler.github.io/git-guide/