Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFNoC blocks in GRC

From: Nicolas Cuervo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFNoC blocks in GRC
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 11:04:12 +0100

Hello Vishwesh,

that recipe installs gnuradio in your path too. I believe that if you run grc from from that prefix, your blocks will be picked up. The gnuradio from the prefix has the env_var GRC_BLOCKS_DIR setup so that it is included within the PyBOMBS prefix.

On the other hand, when you open the GRC that you installed via apt-get, at the top of your output, I would suspect that you get something like:

   Block paths:
       /usr/local/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks

(or something alike), which is a system location and the stuff that you install and configure via PyBOMBS are not supposed to be installed there, but only in the prefix. If that is so, you'd have to reconfigure your grc to look for the path where your blocks are, or reconfigure your block installation path to install at the location where gnuradio is looking for them. Or use the grc that you installed with that recipe, which should just work.

Is there a reason why you separately installed gnuradio from the package manager? As I said, you could use all the resources from the rfnoc.lwr recipe that you are using (which are UHD, GNURadio, gr-ettus and the fpga repo)

Cheers,
- N