[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-mac simple_trx_mac with tun/tap pdu

From: gutelfuldead .
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-mac simple_trx_mac with tun/tap pdu
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 20:02:06 -0500

Hey,

I'm working on creating a project based off of the simple_trx_mac.grc example file from the gr-mac OOT module. I am using a zedboard with an analog devices fmcomms2 FMC attached SDR. I don't believe this problem to be device specific.

I have barely changed the original file. I repliced the Socket PDU with the TUNTAP PDU, changed the sample rate to be the necessary amount for my SDR, and changed the tx/rx frequencies.

After running the python file the output appears to be correct,

sudo ./simple_trx_mac.py
Password:
random: nonblocking pool is initialized
Simple MAC ARQ in non-blocking mode
<virtual_channel_encoder[2]> MTU: 10000
'post_msg' not found. Using 'message_port_pub' instead.
Virtual channel encoder in non-blocking mode
<burst_tagger[12]> tag name: length, multiplier: 32, tag front: 0, tag rear: 16, drop residue: yes
Using Volk machine: neon_softfp
bits per symbol = 1
M&M clock recovery omega = 4.000000
M&M clock recovery gain mu = 0.175000
M&M clock recovery mu = 0.500000
M&M clock recovery omega rel. limit = 0.005000
frequency error = 0.000000
Allocated virtual ethernet interface: grtun
You must now use ifconfig to set its IP address. E.g.,
 $ sudo ifconfig grtun 192.168.200.1
Be sure to use a different address in the same subnet for each machine.

I then run the sudo command on each zedboard with unique subnet IPs
IE:
sudo ifconfig grtun 192.168.200.200
sudo ifconfig grtun 192.168.200.100

Finally I attempt to ping one board from another which then hangs indefinitely. While it is hanging the output on the simple_trx_mac flowgraph slowly fills with asterisks.

Ping from machine A to B (from ...200 to ...100):
ping -I grtun 192.168.200.100

If someone could let me know if this should work then I can at least narrow my issue down to hardware. Thanks.

PS the flowgraph will require installation of (libiio, libad9361-iio, and gr-iio) so I attached an image as well.