[Discuss-gnuradio] macOS Sierra advice/recommendations (N210 + HackRF )

From: Gregory Ratcliff
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] macOS Sierra advice/recommendations (N210 + HackRF )
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 07:52:10 -0500

Greetings all,

Picked up my first ever OS X machine Friday.

I have had tons of success with various flavors of Linux with gnuradio (a
massive shout out to the contributors!)

Now I see there are a half dozen paths to installing gnuradio on OS X, the big
three I found are below.

Hopefully having a few answers all in one place may help others.

Situation:

Experienced programmer, however I feel like a script kitty digging into all
that pybombs handles so well for me.

Question:

Please compare and tout the advantages each of these three below bring to a Mac
user:

1. Brew  > my observation is that brew is very Pybombs like
2. Pip+Pybombs > It just works on Linux and OS X is mostly there
3. MacPorts. > Seems like I need to live in MacPorts land for cross platform
and other development
4. What else?

Thanks in advance,

Greg