[Discuss-gnuradio] Reg: gr-ieee 802.11 and wireshark settings for commer

From: sumitstop
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reg: gr-ieee 802.11 and wireshark settings for commercial NIC
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 11:37:08 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

I have my custom build 802.11g transmitter connected to gr-ieee 802.11
receiver. Receiver decodes my data correctly and wireshark connector shows
that it is receiving valid packets with all the fields. gr-ieee 802.11 dumps
the decoded data in .pcap format and I see them by piping to wireshark and
reading the tail.

However when I tried to capture the packets in my laptop's wlan card,
wireshark does not show anything ?
I repeated the experiment by transmitting thru gr-ieee 802.11 transmitter
but wireshark dint show me any activity.

I put a filter for 802.11g in wireshark and my Tx power was pretty good.

What I am missing ?

Regards

Sumit