[Discuss-gnuradio] out-of-tree module without root privileges

From: tzugarak
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] out-of-tree module without root privileges
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 22:24:40 +0200

Hello

I am having a problem with out of tree modules in gnuradio. I have a pc on which multiple users can log on to it. I have installed gnuradio on the administration account and all users can use it. The users who are using the machine can't install out of tree modules in gnuradio because they don't have root privileges. Is there a way to install out of tree modules without using the command make install? For example edit the config file of gnuradio on the home directory of each user to read the oot modules from a specific folder? What other changes do I have to make?

Any help will be grateful.

Thank you.