Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Flow control with message ports

From: Michael Wentz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Flow control with message ports
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 10:17:28 -0500

Nathan,

I don't have any other queue in my block - it's just the one associated with the message port. The following starts printing once I send too many messages (before the block downstream has started processing them):

WARN ASYNCHRONOUS MESSAGE BUFFER OVERFLOWING; DROPPING MESSAGE

Looking at tpb_thread_body.cc, it seems that maybe I'm in a special case given I don't have a handler for the block receiving the messages (it decides when to check the queue on its own). In that case it looks like the queue is limited to 100 messages?

-Michael